The ELCA is Just an Extreme Social Policy and Political Organization that Cloaks Itself in Religion
God's Word in Matthew 4:17 tells us that Jesus preached the message, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”
You will not hear ELCA leadership preach repentance of sin (unless it has to do with "Global Warming" or lack of being inclusive). They must believe Jesus was naive to think that people needed to repent or that hell awaited those that reject Christ as their Savior. Instead ELCA leaders succumbed to Satan's directives and are preaching their liberal social and political policies. Here are some examples:
- The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America stands against the Congressional tax cut being voted on this month. They are spewing leftist propaganda saying it is a bill that "benefits corporations and the wealthy over lower and middle-income families." (See here and below.)
- Today the ELCA's Metropolitan New York Synod shared a post from a pro-LGBT organization about the case of the Christian baker from Colorado who was sued by two gay men because the baker would not use his artistic talents to make them a wedding cake. The article features an ELCA pastor condemning the Christian baker's claim of religious freedom (see here and below). In the case of gay men vs. a Bible-believing Christian, it is not a surprise with whom the ELCA synod is siding.
- Next is an article co-written by ELCA bishop William Gohl Jr. of the Delaware-Maryland Synod, ELCA. It condemns "current immigration policies" of the United States and says the "repeal of DACA would be morally reprehensible." He even says, "If we are to truly live out our faith, then we must...advocate that those who (are in the United States)...through DACA be allowed to stay." (See here)
- Gun regulations and laws are a favorite topic of many ELCA leaders. Here is some of what ELCA bishop Steven L. Ullestad of the Northeastern Iowa Synod is using to fill up his Facebook page:
- News from the Church Council of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America has them adopting the Israel-inspired (anti-Israel) investment screen that was passed at the ELCA Churchwide Assembly in 2016. (read the summer blog here)
They also “declined the request for the ELCA to declare itself a sanctuary denomination, yet supported the spirit of the sanctuary movement by encouraging congregations to serve and support the protection of migrants in their communities.” (see here)
- Finally, I will end this with what is truly one of the most morally reprehensible positions held in the ELCA, the support of abortion. After someone posted this abortion-supporting article on an ELCA Clergy Facebook page, some challenged the thought. Then ELCA pastor Russell L. Meyer wrote the comment below:
12/15/2017 08:58:30 am
Watch for this resolution to pass by acclamation at an ELCA national convention in the near future:
12/15/2017 02:10:10 pm
Dave from Minnesota
12/15/2017 02:33:33 pm
I've known some liberal Christians who, even though I disagree with them (and often think they are very naive), make reasonable Christian arguments to support their positions.
12/16/2017 04:20:06 pm
The ELCA has only one lord and savior: namely, George Soros.
12/18/2017 06:45:57 am
Wow!! We used to think that "tolerance" meant we may not agree on issues but we will listen to each other and not demand that you accept my point of view but I don't need to accept yours. Since still being a member of an ELCA congregation we are paying the salaries of some of the "trash talking" ELCA leadership which continues down the path of a "social justice social club".
12/18/2017 07:22:03 pm
Bishop William Gohl Jr. writes: "We unite as faith communities across tradition and act upon our MORAL OBLIGATION to welcome the stranger and uphold the dignity of all people.... The current anti-immigrant sentiment taking root in our nation is a test of our faith."
12/23/2017 12:06:39 am
Any resemblance between the Christian Church and the ELCA is purely coincidental. Long ago the ELCA became nothing more that a socio-political organization masquerading as a church. Their 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status should be revoked.
5/31/2020 05:16:54 pm
Can you make your article shareable on facebook? I agree 100% with you.
6/1/2020 08:26:43 am
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:21
Former ELCA seminary student and former ELCA member who is fed up with the ELCA's consistent mockery of God's Word.
If you have been helped and blessed by Exposing the ELCA's ministry, please help us continue to proclaim the truth of God's Word to ELCA members who need to hear it.
Give online by clicking the "donate" button below:
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. - Ephesians 5:11