St. Olaf College is a school of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). It is a private liberal arts college located in Northfield, Minnesota. Many parents send their children to St. Olaf believing they will be going to a Christian college and will learn about the Christian faith, deepening their faith with godly teachers leading the way.
This could not be further from the truth. As is evident in this entire website, the ELCA has turned its back on the truth and the authority of Scripture, and when you take a look at this ELCA-affiliated institution, it is easy to surmise that St. Olaf College has done the same.
See the following:
Related to Sex
- The St. Olaf College website provides free condoms and lubricant at the school's wellness center. The school also details other forms of contraception students can consider. See below and here.
- St. Olaf’s Sexual Health “Helpful Links” page lists the National Gay and Lesbian Hotline. (See here)
- The St. Olaf website has a section called "CitizenBlog" which has an article about the The Vagina Monologues, a play performed on the campus of St. Olaf. The article talks about one monologue often presented called “The Little Coochie Snorcher that Could.” Here is how the article describes the monologue. “(A)n underage girl recounts having been given alcohol and then having sex with an adult woman––her female abuser is portrayed positively as someone ‘rescuing’ her from the sexually abusive men of her past…” (See here)
- St. Olaf also has a student group called "GLOW!" It “stands for ‘Gay, Lesbian, or Whatever!’, and is a student organization comprised of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and heterosexual persons. GLOW! helps to educate, provide resources for and foster acceptance and support for self-identified GLBT persons with and through the alliance of all sexual orientations and gender identities.” (see here)
- St. Olaf offers 16 different LGBTQ Scholarships. (see here)
- Did you know that “The St. Olaf College Student Congregation has been a Reconciling In Christ congregation since 1989. Together, we advocate for the full welcome, inclusion, and equity of LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer) students in all aspects of the life of our congregation and community.” (see here)
- The St. Olaf College Students Activities Committee posted pictures on its Facebook page. Among the photos are two men kissing. (See here)
- St. Olaf's "Champion of the Hill" competition, during Parents Weekend I believe, a man dressed as a women performed a dance routine. He was voted the "Champion of the Hill" and announced "This is the years of the queers." (see video here and pictures of the competition here)
- St. Olaf has a "Students for Reproductive Rights" group. This disturbing club recently hosted a “Birth Control Methods w/ Planned Parenthood!” event as well as “Sex Toys 101” event. (See below)
- St. Olaf has a “Helpful Links” page on their website that includes a link to Planned Parenthood. (see here)
- The college website has a page titled “Local Health Providers” where St. Olaf gives Apple Valley Planned Parenthood’s phone number and a link to Planned Parenthood. (See here)
- St. Olaf must have been mighty proud to post this story about a transgender alumna’s appointment to White House staff. (see here)
- Transgender artist, Zackary Drucker, spoke a number of times in 2015, at St. Olaf College, including a “CILA Faculty Lunch Conversation on Trans-Sensitivity Awareness.” (see here)
- There is a “Gender and Sexuality Center” at St. Olaf that “seeks to educate, increase awareness, and create dialogue around issues of gender and sexuality, including feminism, queer and transgender issues, and safer sex practices, as well as the intersectional effects of these issues.” (see here)
- St. Olaf College's website has a section of pages called “The Edit Desk: A guide to student journalism at St. Olaf.” On the main page they have a link to an article. Under that link it says, “The Radical Copyeditor provides a starting point for determining what language to use in articles that reference transgender people or transgender issues.” That article is written from a transgender supportive view. (see here)
- The St. Olaf Sociology/Anthropology Department has offered a class called,
“GLBT Lives and Issues.” Here is the class description:
“This course explores the lives of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people from several social science perspectives. Students examine whether gender and sexual orientation (both heterosexual and homosexual) are socially constructed or biologically natural, and what cross-cultural and historical examples can tell us. Students also study controversies over the family and religious status of GLBT people, why homosexuality has become such a political issue, and movements for change. Offered during interim.” (see here and here)
God's Word is clear that Christ is the only way to the Father. Yet . . .
- St. Olaf College employees Anant Rambachan as a Professor of Religion. His school profile says “Prof. Rambachan has been involved in the field of interreligious relations and dialogue for over twenty-five years, as a Hindu participant and analyst” and “Prof. Rambachan has traveled and lectured in many part of the world and teaches regularly at several Hindu temples in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.” (see here)
- On campus is a Muslim Student Association. (see here)
- The St. Olaf student-run radio station, KSTO, has a program called “The Hour of Islam.” (see here)
- St. Olaf has a program celebrating Diwali, “the Hindu festival of lights that is celebrated every year during the Fall season…During Diwali, we worship goddess Laxmi, who is the goddess of wealth and prosperity.” (see here)
- If you attend St. Olaf College, you will find that they hold "Drag Balls." It is described as “An annual Pause dance at which students are encouraged to dress in drag, whatever that means to them and their unique wardrobes. Part of this tradition includes performances on stage from practiced drag entertainers, with a Q&A panel with the guest performers preceding the dance.” (see here)
- Angela Davis was brought to St. Olaf to speak. She is a "a two-time Communist Party vice presidential candidate." See (here and here)
- What ELCA college doesn't have its Palestinian supporters or Anti-Israel activists? At St. Olaf there is a group called "Oles for Justice in Palestine." (see here)
- This year the "Christian" college hosted a “Ghosts of St. Olaf tour" which was led by Vice President for Student Life Greg Kneser. (see here)
Politics and Race
Beware if you are a conservative or Republican.
The article titles say it all:
- "Conservative Students Say They Have Been ‘Violently Threatened’ at Lutheran College." (see here)
- "Higher Education: No Safe Spaces For Conservatives." (see here)
- "Outnumbered and 'threatened,' some conservatives are leaving St. Olaf College." (see here)
Racial problems? St. Olaf College has that too:
- "‘Student Coup’ at St. Olaf College: Students Block Buildings, Classes Shut Down Over Racial Unrest." (see here)
- "St. Olaf President Says Racist Note Was 'Fabricated.'" (see here)
- "The Farce at St. Olaf." (see here)
It truly is disturbing what is happening at this Evangelical Lutheran Church in America college. I would pray diligently if you are trying to decide to go to or send your college-age children here.
Exposing the ELCA has shared many other disturbing stories concerning St. Olaf College over the last few years. They can be found here.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:21
Former ELCA seminary student and former ELCA member who is fed up with the ELCA's consistent mockery of God's Word.
If you have been helped and blessed by Exposing the ELCA's ministry, please help us continue to proclaim the truth of God's Word to ELCA members who need to hear it.
Give online by clicking the "donate" button below:
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. - Ephesians 5:11