Just because a college is associated with a Christian denomination doesn't mean the school will abide by Biblical teaching or be a Godly learning environment for students. Carthage College, located in Kenosha, WI., is a school of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), which is very liberal mainline denomination. Read the following and ask yourself if you want Carthage College educating and disciplining your child.
- Carthage College has a LGBT group. “The LGBT Student Association is a student-run group that is focused on educational events, social gatherings, and advocacy surrounding LGBTQIA+ issues.” (See here)
- Carthage College has “SafeZones” for LGBTQ people. (See here) As you can see below, ELCA campus pastor is a LGBTQ SafeZone representative. (See here)
- A showing of Moonlight, a film about a homosexual man, took place at Carthage College and was sponsored by Carthage Activities Board, Advocates for Social Change, Black Student Union, and LGBT-SA. (See here)
- A Coffee and Conversation gathering about the homosexual based National Coming Out Day was held at Carthage College and hosted by Multicultural Affairs. (See here)
- No Hate Week took place at Carthage College. Events included an LGBT speaker, a LGBTQ and Ally Student Panel, “the acknowledgment of the rainbow-painted Kissing Rock…(and) the day of silence, where participators will remain silent to acknowledge the many silenced voices of those who have fought for equality and those who cannot speak up for themselves.” (See here)
- A recipient of the Lambda Pioneer Award for contributions to the LGBT literary community spoke at Carthage College. (See here)
- Carthage College has both a Muslim Student Association and a Pagan Forum which you can see listed here.
- In 2016 we see that there was an Annual Hijab Day observed at Carthage College where students were encouraged to wear red scarfs over their head. (See here)
- Carthage College writes, “You may be thinking, ‘Wait a minute, this is a college rooted in the Lutheran tradition, right? Why would you encourage other faith traditions?’
We do this because we are a college rooted in the Lutheran tradition. Lutherans believe we are saved by grace through faith, and that this grace gives us the freedom we need to love and serve the world — the whole world, not just the Lutheran world.”
- Interfaith leader and Muslim, Eboo Patel spoke at Carthage College. (See here)
- A Celebration of Holi, the Hindu festival of colors, took place at Carthage College. (See here and here)
- James Lochtefeld, Chair and Religion Department Professor of Religion and Asian Studies “specializes in Hindu pilgrimage.” (See here)
- In 2018, the second annual Heels For Hope Drag Show was held at Carthage College. (See here)
- Carthage College has a “Glossary of Working Language for Conversation” page. On this page we learn:
“Carthage College believes that we are to nurture an enlightened and inclusive college community that inspires meaningful contributions towards a better world. It is to that end we promote a working language that frames our understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion within the context of deepening equity and access, institutional receptivity, diversity in the curriculum, and student/adult learning development to promote equitable student outcomes.”
Carthage College then gives a set of words with definitions that frames "our understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion." Included are such words as Adultism, Allyship, Cis, Cisgenderism, Gender identity, Gender neutral pronoun, Heteronormativity, Homophobia, Intersectionality, LGBTTQQIA, Marginalize, Microaggression, Queer, Questioning, Safe space, White guilt, White privilege, Whiteness, Xenophobia, etc. (See here)
- Carthage College professor Mimi Yang writes about Trump, the boarder wall and bigotry. (See here)
- A similar article by the same Carthage College professor can be seen here.
- Carthage College President writes of his support for the DACA program. (See here)
- A Carthage College professor, Stephanie Mitchell, commented on her pastor allegedly being arrested by ICE saying, “She’s my pastor and my government kidnapped her..." (See here)
Campus Pastor at Carthage College
- ELCA Rev. Kara Baylor is the Carthage College Campus Pastor. Here is a one of her Facebook posts showing LGBT support/pride.
Anti Christian Zionist Speaker
- Controversial speaker, Bishop Dr. Munib Younan, Bishop Emeritus of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land, spoke last year at Carthage College. (See here) Read a little about him and some of the controversial things he has said here.
"It’s all about U-terus!" presentation
- In 2016 Carthage College had a presentation titled “It’s all about U-terus! Come learn about your lady parts!” (See here)
- Disturbing art exhibit at Carthage College. (See here)
As you can see with Carthage College, one should not trust that a school is right for you or your teenager just because they are affiliated with a supposed Christian denomination.
One last thing. Check out these ratings of Carthage College. (See here)
11/11/2020 06:06:56 am
Sounds like a breeding ground for antifa brainwashed twerps. Never mind that mommy & daddy were able to make the money to send you to these schools in a capitalist system. Never mind that the system where your cell phones, internet, shoes, shirt on your back were made available to you thanks to a capitalist system!! You want to see the future of your system? Look at Venezuela. Nuff said.
11/13/2020 09:30:00 am
Parents, for only $43,550 a year, your son or daughter can get propagandized with every soul-destroying, world-appeasing, God-dishonoring falsehood the frauds at Carthage College can foist on them.
12/9/2022 03:41:40 pm
Helpful information; received a letter for my son and it's only a few hours away. Said it was a private Lutheran school in Wisconsin and the campus looked incredible. The price tag nearly 50000 a year would be okay, he has a great GPA and SAT score, and we aren't rich, so scholarships are there. No way I'm making him go through the battles with idiot ideolog teachers like I did. Thanks again, sure a lot of people will read this and think it's for their kids, just not mine.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:21
Former ELCA seminary student and former ELCA member who is fed up with the ELCA's consistent mockery of God's Word.
If you have been helped and blessed by Exposing the ELCA's ministry, please help us continue to proclaim the truth of God's Word to ELCA members who need to hear it.
Give online by clicking the "donate" button below:
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. - Ephesians 5:11