- Adopted by a vote of 175 to 170 a memorial resolving that this synod teach and confess that marriage is between one man and one woman, and sexual activity belongs exclusively within the traditional Biblical boundaries of the faithful marriage.
- Defeated a resolution seeking to establish an ecumenical council on homosexuality.
The Not So Good
- Defeated a memorial asking candidates for voting member to the 2011 Churchwide Assembly to indicate their support for or opposition to the actions of the 2009 Churchwide Assembly.
- Defeated a resolution addressing the current stress in the ELCA calling for a moratorium on restrictions, censure and discipline of pastors, individuals or congregations wishing to claim dual or full membership in other expressions of Lutheran witness.
- Defeated a memorial calling for a change to the ELCA bylaws to require congregational ratification of social statements.
- Defeated a memorial calling for the 2011 ELCA Churchwide Assembly to rescind the four resolutions on Ministry Policies enacted at the 2009 Churchwide Assembly.