Once again the ELCA shows its Jew-hate. In August, the ELCA passed two vile anti-Israel, anti-Semitic resolutions. (see here) This time, the ELCA’s hatred for the Jewish nation comes in the form of a completely biased joint letter from the ELCA and other denominations to the major candidates for President of the United States of America. The letter contains lies, fallacies, distortion of the truth and inaccurate situational realities. Here are a number of them:
- Calling the situation an Israeli military “occupation” of “East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza…” which is completely false. Israel is not an “occupier.” (see video at the bottom of this blog)
- Complaining of “Ongoing settlement expansion…” as if Israel has no right to build in land that they won when they were attacked by Arab countries.
- Saying “The blockade of Gaza has led to immense human suffering.” And here the ELCA and other churches are fabricating the “immense human suffering” due to the blockade when the reality is that Israel’s blockade is to prevent weapons and materials, used to harm Israel, to be brought into Gaza. Of course the denominations make no mention of the terrorist leaders of Gaza who are the actual source of “immense human suffering” or that the Palestinians are constantly smuggling weapons and committing violence and terrorism against the Jews.
- Then the letter signers say “This status quo is clearly contrary to global security interests, including those of the U.S., and a source of violent extremism throughout the region.” Labeling Israel’s situation as “a source of violent extremism throughout the region” shows their bias because they lay the blame at Israel's feet, as well as justify the Muslim hatred for Jews. Hatred for the Jewish people was in existence, in the Muslim communities which make up most of the region, long before Israel came into being and won additional land in a defensive victory.
- They go on, “the daily indignities and stresses of the occupation foster human suffering and have led to emigration from the small but vital Palestinian Christian community.” False again. The Muslim extreme-ism is the cause of the dwindling Palestinian Christian community in Gaza and the West Bank. (see here)
- Finally the church leaders say this in their letter, “To ease tensions, we urge you to support people-to-people exchanges and the end of practices under the occupation that result in major human rights abuses, such as home demolitions, systematic land seizures, travel restrictions, the blockade of Gaza, and indefinite administrative detention, including detention of persons under eighteen.” Seriously? The actual situation: the homes being demolished are those of terrorists and those of squatters. The travel restrictions mentioned are a protective measure and would not be implemented if not for the Palestinians constant attacks on Israeli men, women and children. (read letter here)
Again, you should notice that this letter only addresses the signer’s grievances against Israel, many of them fabricated. They make no list of grievances perpetrated by the Palestinians. That is par for the course and an obvious sign of the ELCA’s and other participating church’s anti-Semitism.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:21
Former ELCA seminary student and former ELCA member who is fed up with the ELCA's consistent mockery of God's Word.
If you have been helped and blessed by Exposing the ELCA's ministry, please help us continue to proclaim the truth of God's Word to ELCA members who need to hear it.
Give online by clicking the "donate" button below:
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. - Ephesians 5:11