2011 ELCA Churchwide Assembly
The 2011 ELCA Churchwide Assembly is now over. No doubt reports will be coming out about the happenings. Here is the ELCA’s summery of what took place (click here)
A few items which I find interesting:
- An Islamic leader spoke to the assembly and received three standing ovations.
- The assembly passed a resolution which calls for congregations to protest against immigration laws like those in Arizona and Alabama. (read here)
- Veiled comments were spoken and a memorial was approved which is founded in anti-Semitism.
- The genetics social statement was adopted.
- My understanding is that the assembly did vote in regards to proposed changes for congregations who want to leave the ELCA, it may have been brought forward in conjunction with other motions which I have not yet uncovered.
- Many words were spoken which professed overwhelming pride for and the greatness of the ELCA.
So in honor of the self-promoting and self-love which was so evident at the 2011 Churchwide Assembly, I give to you a video made at an ELCA National Youth Gathering:
8/20/2011 07:58:35 am
Really? That's too much. Are those people (we left ELCA 20 months ago) really THAT unaware? Or is it intentional.
8/21/2011 11:23:20 am
Let's have a little truth in advertising: here are the more accurate words to the song.
8/22/2011 03:45:20 am
"The ELCA Song" is sung to the melody that became an anthem of sorts for homosexuals hooking up and cruising at the YMCA. Of course, it is the Village People song by the same name. How appropriate. More important, the ELCA Song seems to say nothing about Christ or God, salvation or sin, but is all about reinforcing a brand name. Like singing a song about fashion jeans or a fast food chain. ELCA...I'm luvin' it!
8/27/2011 09:15:06 am
After watching the ELCA Song video,I think I can relate to how Moses must of felt after returning from Mt Sinai and seeing the Jews worshiping the golden calf. I seems the ELCA is into idol worship and celebrating sin in spite of God's Word.
8/28/2011 03:14:30 am
The ELCA did in fact tighten the iron curtain around congregations. See page 21 of the updated report on legislative actions, Sec. 9.62.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:21
Former ELCA seminary student and former ELCA member who is fed up with the ELCA's consistent mockery of God's Word.
If you have been helped and blessed by Exposing the ELCA's ministry, please help us continue to proclaim the truth of God's Word to ELCA members who need to hear it.
Give online by clicking the "donate" button below:
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. - Ephesians 5:11