I know there are some who are saddened by this news. Not I. For those of us who see the ELCA's move away from Christianity, this is good news. Here's why -
- We are seeing the “voice” of the ELCA weakened.
- The ELCA is less effective in preaching false doctrines, such as universal salvation.
- The ELCA desire to replace the authority of Scripture with society's values is less effective.
- A smaller ELCA means fewer people deceived by a denomination that has left God.
- It also means more time, effort and finances are going to Christ centered, Scripture believing denominations.
Praise God for His faithful people. This is another step, there is more to be done, but it is good news indeed.