Here are the newest examples:
- Rev. Kirby Unti is bishop of the Northwestern Washington Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. He wrote an opinion piece for the Seattle Times titled "Maintaining transgender rights aligns with my Christian faith." (see here) And below Bishop Unti is publicly calling to keep the WA state rule requiring businesses to grant bathroom and locker room access on the basis of gender identity.
- WELCA is recommending “30 books about 'mighty women' published in 2015." One of the books is “Becoming Nicole: The Transformation of an American Family." This is a transgender feel good story. WELCA's link provides this synopsis of the book: "The twin boys that Wayne and Kelly Maines adopted could not have been more different: Jonas loved trucks, sports, and other 'boyish' pursuits, while Wyatt sought out princess dolls and dress-up clothes. By the time the twins were toddlers, Wyatt was insisting he was a girl. In the process of coming to understand Nicole, their daughter, the Maines faced conflict both within and outside the family. It meant rewriting the script at home and the rules at school and in a community that was suddenly forced to confront its prejudices. This inspiring story of a transgirl who stood up for the right to be herself — and the family and friends who stood by her — sheds a new, very personal light on one of the great cultural debate of our time.” (see WELCA Facebook post here)
- A recent edition of the ELCA’s The Lutheran has a nice story about a pastor finding out she has Jewish grandparents. Tucked in at the end of the story is this line, “Three rambunctious little boys come in with their parent, who is fine with them calling her 'Dad' even though she is now a woman.” The ELCA is trying to normalize sinful, deviant behavior. (see here)
- The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago (ELCA) posting a transaffirmative blog saying "In recent years the glorious dynamism of the trans community has been poignantly visible in virtually every media and even – in the case of the next writer – in the halls of LSTC. So please read and enjoy the following reflection upon transgender identity and pay close attention to River’s heartfelt tutorial on trans-identity and respect." (see here)
- St. Olaf College, an Evangelical Lutheran Church in America school proudly posting about their class of 2009 transgender student.
- This St. Paul, MN ELCA church writes on their website “Gloria Dei is pleased to offer the blessing of Jesus Christ to couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities.” (see here)