Presiding Bishop Eaton writes, “I request that the U.S. further demonstrate its support for self-determination and freedom by allowing the State of Palestine’s application for full membership in the United Nations to proceed before you conclude your term of office… it is reasonable that the Palestinians and others are turning to the international forum of the UN to realize the goal of an independent Palestinian state.”
This lobbying effort by Bishop Eaton seeks to reward the Palestinians who continue their terrorist attacks on Israelis; the Palestinians have shot 20,000 rockets at the Israeli population and refuse to meet and fairly negotiate with Israel.
Joseph Puder of FrontPage Mag writes, “receiving UNSC recognition will enable (the Palestinian Authority President) to demand that the UNSC set a deadline for Israel’s withdrawal to the 1967 line. At the same time, he’ll avoid having to negotiate peace with Israel, or make any concessions to the Jewish state.”
The U.S State Department responded to previous attempts by the Palestinians to become full members in the U.N. saying Palestinian Statehood “can only come through a negotiated outcome, a resolution of final status issues and mutual recognition by both parties. I don’t think that we’ve seen evidence that they’re willing and able to either at this point in time.” (see here)
Consider this, in 2016 alone, the United Nations General Assembly passed 20 resolutions against Israel and just 4 against all other countries. How is this happening except for a demonic effort against a population that God calls His chosen people? (see here)
The ELCA’s call to allow Palestinian full-membership in the U.N. is one of many measures President Obama may yet take. Last week the President of the United States worked for and allowed a harmful anti-Jew resolution to pass in the U.N. Security Council.
Here are a number of excellent videos and articles about the situation.
- Israel plans to defy United Nations resolution after Obama admin. abandoned its ally (see here)
- Obama's Betrayal of Israel Is a Black Day for American Diplomacy (see here)
- Obama's Disgraceful and Harmful Legacy on Israel (see here)
- Ted Cruz backs DEFUNDING U.N. in SCATHING statement against Obama’s betrayal of Israel (see here)
- Dutch leader tells Israel to 'ignore UN and continue building' (see here)
- All bets are off after UN infamy (see here)
- Dershowitz: Trump was right to try to stop Obama (see here)
- UN Special Envoy Recommends UN Be Dissolved in Response to Recent Vote Against Israel (see here)
- Roseanne Barr: Obama’s Anti-Israel UN Action Like ‘Nazis Who Enacted Anti-Jewish Laws on the Eve of Jewish Holidays’ (see here)